The KC have updated Club secretaries with the following advice regarding holdings shows in January 2021.
KC AnnouncementIn view of the current concerns with the rapid rise in infection rate and increasing restrictions in respect of the Coronavirus our natural conclusion and our recommendation is that all licensed events scheduled between now and 1 February 2021 should consider cancellation irrespective of the Tier in which they are in, as being the best and responsible way to help in the mitigation of the virus spread. It is clear that the government is advising that we all take efforts and personal responsibility to stay local and reduce the number of journeys made and for essential reasons only. Please advise us whether you have cancelled your event and whether you wish your licence fee to be moved onto a future date or to be refunded, please advise us via email@example.com
It is disappointing but in reality we should be making efforts to assist in the mitigation and reduction of our activities – until we receive further information and guidance from the Government that there is a safer environment to start again. We have the hope that this will come from the increased roll out of vaccinations. We will continue to monitor the rapidly changing restrictions and intend to review our advice prior to 1 February, but in reality we are not expecting that this position will change before then.
Our events calendar has been updated to reflect these changes.